The Christ Renews His Parish (CRHP) book says “A life without commitments is devoid of meaning”. As I
go through all of my commitments that I currently have...my children, my work,
my church, and I take them out of the equation, I soon realize that those words
are true. Commitments give our life some meaning. But as Christians we are
challenged to do better. We are called to make our commitments Christ centered.
When we commit to work, our Children, our church, our community, we serve God.
In my personal life I call it ministry. When asked by my peers how I could run a
Robotics team out of my home, I tell them that I look at Robotics as Ministry.
It has nothing to do with St. Maximillian Kolbe Catholic church, but to me I
treat it like any other ministry. When we take time out of our lives in the
spirit of volunteerism or going above and beyond the call of duty whether it is
our Jobs, our families or even CRHP....we are doing Gods work.
One of the greatest things about being Catholic is that our Church has a
direct linage to the original 12 apostles and Jesus Christ himself. Their
remains are held in Cathedrals where they are venerated. Those men shared a
brotherhood with the Son of God. As we today are brothers praying and reflecting
on scripture. Peter, the first Pope, serves as one of our greatest examples of
personal commitment. Even though he betrayed Jesus he came to commit to Jesus.
His act of commitment flowed from the experience of repentance and
reconciliation. And through reconciliation his rebirth and re-commitment. We all
have committed to Christ at one point in our lives, some of us like myself are
recommitted.
In closing I refer to
No comments:
Post a Comment