Matthew 6:24-34
Good News Translation (GNT)
24 “You cannot be a slave of two masters; you will hate one and love the other; you will be loyal to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.
25 “This is why I tell you: do not be worried about the food and drink you need in order to stay alive, or about clothes for your body. After all, isn't life worth more than food? And isn't the body worth more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds: they do not plant seeds, gather a harvest and put it in barns; yet your Father in heaven takes care of them! Aren't you worth much more than birds? 27 Can any of you live a bit longer by worrying about it?
28 “And why worry about clothes? Look how the wild flowers grow: they do not work or make clothes for themselves. 29 But I tell you that not even King Solomon with all his wealth had clothes as beautiful as one of these flowers. 30 It is God who clothes the wild grass—grass that is here today and gone tomorrow, burned up in the oven. Won't he be all the more sure to clothe you? What little faith you have!
31 “So do not start worrying: ‘Where will my food come from? or my drink? or my clothes?’ 32 (These are the things the pagans are always concerned about.) Your Father in heaven knows that you need all these things. 33 Instead, be concerned above everything else with the Kingdom of God and with what he requires of you, and he will provide you with all these other things. 34 So do not worry about tomorrow; it will have enough worries of its own. There is no need to add to the troubles each day brings.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It’s impossible to live in
the Lord and live of the world. You will always compromise one for the other. I
like most people am a worrier. I worry about the things I can not control. I
worry about the future. Apparently I have been dabbling in pagan activities. I
have to always remember to Trust in him. Our all knowing loving father tells us
to “Don’t worry, and Be happy”.
This scripture passage
brings me back to a discussion my 6 year old wanted to have about original sin.
He wondered why Adam and Eve were naked, and then they were clothed. He
described to me how they had everything and threw it all away because they
wanted something they were forbidden to have. I explained to him how Eve ate
the fruit and gave some to Adam, and they were given understanding and realized
they were naked. My son smiles and tells me it all makes sense to him now.
Animals don’t wear clothes because they don’t know they are naked.
God provides for us whether
we know it or not. He blesses us with gifts, talents, and children. Depend on
him, and he will help you.
No comments:
Post a Comment