I was lost for sometime, It was not the the Condemner who brought me here, nor was the Judge, or the Chastiser, but it was the Sheppard that found me.
I came here not when all was good in my life, nor was I rich, or my life was perfect. It was when I was in complete desperation, when I had no one to go to.
With a family torn apart, my life in turmoil and no hope in sight, Two people came to my home, brought me communion, and prayed with me. That day they lit a light in my heart that has kept burning until this day. I now approach each day in a new light. My new life in Christ has given me a hunger and an appetite for more. I get involved in many ministries not because I want to be in the Parish year book multiple times but because it fulfills my need to give. My parents set this example for me a long time ago. I witness them time and time again giving unconditional time and love to their community. I realized later that there is an unconditional amount of love received by giving, even the small things can accomplish great things. I'm sure the two disciples coming to my home never realized that they saved my life that day. Like them I too want to make a difference.
No comments:
Post a Comment